Become A Member
Become A Member
We invite you to become a member of Recreation Connections Manitoba. Membership promises to strengthen our association and our commitment to leadership excellence of recreation professionals. It will also strengthen our resolve to make recreation a strong and vital entity in Manitoba.
What it means to be a member
Recreation Connections Manitoba (RCM) is a non-profit membership association whose purpose is to promote, develop and facilitate opportunities that will support recreation and recreation professionals in this Province. These opportunities include (but not limited to):
- Extensive networking with colleagues from around Manitoba who share similar interests and have diverse expertise.
- Having your views and concerns brought forward, as RCM speaks to government and stakeholders on your behalf.
- Provincial and regional professional development and training events.
- Regular communications through email special news bulletins and regular bi-weekly newsletters.
- Participating on RCM committees and working groups in order to positively influence the future direction of recreation, provincially and nationally.
- Voting on issues that affect the recreation profession and the health and wellness of Manitobans at the Annual General Meeting.
- Uniting recreation professionals and creating the swell of support critical to the success and future of this association.
We are offering five (5) different annual membership categories and encourage you to read through the membership brochure for more information. In addition to supporting Recreation Connections Manitoba, its mandate and the opportunities outlined above, members will also reap the benefits of:
- Discounted registration fees at the Annual Provincial Conference and other workshops, seminars and conferences.
- Accessing the members only site of the RCM website that will allow you to post notices, events, etc. and make inquiries through our members’ Q & A
- Receiving regular electronic news flashes and bulletins.
Membership is open to anyone who has an interest in recreation, parks, fitness, sport, facilities and other related sectors. Should you have any questions about membership or for additional application forms, please contact the RCM office at email@example.com or 204.925.5747.