Join Gil (Guillermo) Penalosa, 8 80 Cities and World Urban Parks on the free webinar series. The goal is to share information with people interested in urban parks, from any angle, elected officials, public health, climate change, economic development, or just pure enjoyment. We feel that sharing very good practices, others can adapt and improve and use in their own cities.
Gil is the 80 Cities Founder & Chair, World Urban Parks Ambassador and Our Third Act Founder & Advocate
The next webinar is Tuesday August 24th. “Parks are Ever More Important”, with Enrique Penalosa. Twice elected Bogota mayor. He built over 1100 parks, 380km/236mi protected bikelanes, planted over 150,000 trees. Register at http://bit.ly/3fRexvT
Future dates, guests and topics include:
- Sep. 7th: Rob Adams, City Architect, Melbourne, Australia. From Gray to Green. Over 90 hectares of streets into parks, footpaths / sideWALKS.
- Sep. 21st Ruth Holmes, Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, London, UK. From Olympic Games to World Class Public Park.
- Oct. 5th, 2021 - Denise Ora, Chief Executive, Royal Botanic Gardens, Sydney, Australia. Royal Botanic Gardens and Domain (Greater Sydney) – More than just green space.
- Oct. 19th, 2021 - Chris Glaisek, Chief Planning and Design Officer. Waterfront Toronto. Port Lands Flood Protection project, creating significant amounts of parkland around the newly naturalized river mouth.
- Nov. 2nd, 2021 – Jayne Miller, chair World Urban Parks. Former Head of Parks & Rec. in Minneapolis & Pittsburgh. Creating an equitable citywide park system.